FIREFLY, in partnership with the KPDSB, requires a regular full time Counsellor at Sioux North High School in Sioux Lookout, ON.
The successful candidate will report to the FIREFLY Clinical Manager, with day-to-day operational oversight being conducted by Sioux North High School Administration. The Counsellor will be responsible for providing assessment, case planning, intervention and program development services. You will be a member of a multi-disciplinary team who possesses excellent organizational, computer, written and oral communication skills. This position requires the ability to set priorities and to work co-operatively under pressure, while establishing strong partnerships with community stakeholder organizations.
You will be required to work from a “strengths-based, solution-focused” perspective to facilitate positive problem solving while accessing a family’s inherent strengths to address mental health challenges. Also required is the ability to develop, coordinate and implement intervention plans on a case by case basis. The ideal candidate will have strong skills in working systemically along with proven skills working collaboratively with service collaterals in a culturally sensitive manner. Some evening work and travel is required. FIREFLY will provide formal clinical counselling supervision to the successful candidate.
• Masters and/or Graduate Degree in Human Services preferred
• Undergraduate Degree in Human Services with related experience would be considered
• Preference is given to candidates who are member in good standing with a College recognized by the Psychotherapy Act, 2007.
• Knowledge of child and adolescent development, systems theory, family dynamics and the clinical assessment process
• Knowledge of relevant governing legislations and regulations
• Fluency in French would be an asset